Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Raw food Cleanse a Boost of Energy for an Energetic Week! by Nisa Clark

Nisa Clark is a graduating senior on the move! Nisa will be graduating from Fairleigh Dickinson University with a B.A in broadcasting communications, this spring of 2013. With an extremely busy schedule that consist two jobs, an internship in the city with BET, and the completion of her final semester, her eating habits is one that consist of lots of unhealthy processed foods that leave her more drained, and prone to sickness. Getting your body back on track, and practicing good eating habits can be something that is hard to do when you have an extremely busy schedule. So with the suggested high in protein detox diet, this blog can help you figure out what foods are best to eat when on the go. How can you eat good meals and make sure you are getting the nutrients you need, in order to have lots of energy for your constant busy schedule.


I heard about that Raw food cleanse from a fellow coworker at work. She said the cleanse is more of a Raw food challenge than a cleanse, but it was worth it. It’s really not as bad as you may imagine. The Cleanse is a 7 day challenge, that doesn’t consist of eating raw meats, but uncooked vegetables and solid fruits. Unfortunately it is something that requires a little time out of your busy schedule. You need a set free day to shop and plan for your 7 day plan.

The word Diet seems to have a negative stigma to it, but if you really think about whether it’s planned or unplanned, whatever our daily eating habits are is generally our “diet”. Most of us are on a high processed one cupcake away from heart attack diet, and we don’t even realize it, we consume tons of processed foods that are dangerously high in trans-fat, sugar, salt and artificial ingredients. So truly if you’re going to diet then why not make it a healthy one.

Prepare for your raw food cleanse by stocking up on fresh, organic fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and sea vegetables. Cold-pressed olive oil and fresh lemon juice is a simple and delicious salad dressing. Fresh organic herbs not only help add flavor, as many of them also aid digestion and help support your immune system. For example, parsley and mint help freshen breath as well as flavor foods.

It is preferred that you stay away from any sort of cooked foods, hence the name “Raw Food Diet”, but If you want to add solids, then you can eat any fresh, non-fatty fruit, or the leaves, stem or roots of a plant. No cooking, of course. Your only interest in food recipes should be to increase the variety of salads you can produce. Aim to eat at least a pound of green vegetables a day, which will give you a broader range of vitamins and minerals than just eating fruit would.

Detox cleanses, or challenges are basically diets, just your non-conventional diet. Like with any diet sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t, it all depends on you, how your body responds to change, and how disciplined you can be to sticking to something, without any short cuts.

3 comments:

  1. The Raw Food Diet is one that I tried only for 3 days I felt refreshed in just that short period of time. I ate only food that wasn't processed or cooked, mainly veggies, and small amounts of fresh fruit. I really had to think each time I opened my mouth to put something in it to make sure it was raw or in its natural state. I will try it again based on the information you've shared here and see how it improves my energy level. You have explained how this helps with the immune system and also given me some new alternatives to salad dressing recipes. In the past my energy and alertness increased tremendously. Detoxing is good for me so the Raw Food Cleanse is sure to be something I will continue using. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inspired to try the Raw Food Diet! I have been feeling sluggish, bloated, and cranky lately. I have tried other diets like South Beach and Atkins, but its not realistic for me. This method seems like a good cleansing, and then I can go back to eating healthier( no more Easter jelly beans!) Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely inspired! I barely eat raw foods, panfrying veggie is naturalized to myself, however, I do eat raw food only when I desire to go Japanese restaurant, such as sushi (salmon,tuna,etc) . From your kindness tips based on your 'knowhow' , it feels already cleansed myself to try this Raw Food Diet. Truly motivated to care my health from now on, detoxing is the way we can get closer to nature I guess. Great Job and Thanks for your manipulative tips lol.

    ReplyDelete